share price Loading...
share price Loading...
Movement Loading...

News article

Gauteng Retail Property

Published: 13 March 2018

Benmore Gardens Offers a Boutique Setting with a Superb Tenant Mix

If you are looking for prime Gauteng retail property for rent, consider the extensive portfolio of Redefine Properties. We have exceptional development capacity and, as such, upgrade, renovate, refurbish, and develop superior quality Gauteng retail property. We take a look at Benmore Gardens to give you an idea of the type of quality you can expect.

Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Sandton

There is no doubt that a more prestigious address than Sandton is hard to find. Benmore Gardens offers prime Gauteng retail property space in Sandton and thus fits the profile for upmarket retail centres. The shopping centre consists of a combination of shopping and relaxation facilities, in addition to the luxury shopping experience. It can be considered a boutique Gauteng retail property. It has a superb selection of food outlets, ranging from upmarket restaurants to deli-style eateries and a range of health food facilities as well.

The shopping centre has a distinctly cosmopolitan feel to it. With its stylish interior, the centre is very popular amongst its affluent visitors. The target audience is mostly female and in the income group of LSM 6-10. The audience consists of three groups of shoppers:

·         Residential regulars (LSM 10), within the Benmore and Sandton residential areas.

·         Corporate convenience shoppers (LSM 6-8), employed at the business parks in the vicinity.

·         Snackers, which are students from nearby colleges.

You thus have a wide range of shoppers and, as such, various product offerings can be made to them. Whether you are looking for Gauteng retail property in a centre catering to affluent female shoppers, space in a retail centre that caters to the fast-food tastes of young adults, or a centre that has male and female corporate visitors looking for dining space, business facilities, and convenience shopping facilities, Benmore Gardens is ideal.

The shopping centre has a total of 57 tenants with anchor tenants that include the likes of Pick n Pay, Toy Zone, Dis-Chem, and Woolworths. Tenants also include a range of exclusive art retailers, kids’ clothing stores, suppliers of handcrafted products, retailers of beauty products, hair stylists, beauty spa facilities, and more. Fast-food outlets include the likes of Nando’s, Simply Asia, and other delis. The shopping centre is conveniently located at the corner of Benmore Road and Grayston Drive, within a short driving distance of the Sandton CBD. It is easy accessible, making it the perfect convenience shopping centre for people on their way home from their offices in Sandton. Trading hours are from Mondays to Fridays 09:00 to 18:00, on Saturdays from 09:00 to 15:00, and on Sundays and public holidays from 09:00 to 14:00.

It has an average annual foot count of 6 262 036, and an average monthly car count of 165 000, with the commuter percentages made up of 96% private vehicles, with the other 4% being taxi or bus commuters. This prime Gauteng retail property covers 24 091 m2 of lettable space. Effective marketing of the shopping centre is a top priority for the dedicated marketing team. The centre has a website and a social media presence, and newsletters are distributed as one of the marketing methods. Tenants can make use of various advertising platforms, which range from pave ads and glass panels to ramp ads, wall ads, pillar wraps, digital touch screens, and parking gantries, as well as escalator applications.

Benmore Gardens also has no fewer than five well-located exhibition areas that can be hired. The spaces have been designed to ensure maximum exposure. Tenants can use these spaces for special promotions, increasing brand awareness, launching new products, conducting market research, interacting with visitors, or selling unique products. Prospective tenants at this prime Gauteng retail property will also delight in the many events scheduled here throughout the year, providing opportunities for additional marketing, sponsorships, and income generation. The centre has an events calendar and visitors are made aware of such events. Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre is but one of the many Gauteng retail properties forming part of our extensive property portfolio. Other centres include Centurion Mall, Golden Walk in Germiston, Bryanston Shopping Centre, The Boulders in Midrand, and East Rand Mall.

View our Gauteng retail property portfolio and download the list of retail properties in South Africa. We also invite you to contact us for more information regarding Benmore Gardens and other primer retail Gauteng properties.