share price Loading...
share price Loading...
Movement Loading...

News article

Gauteng Retail Property

Published: 13 March 2018

Rent Space in Gauteng Retail Property Offering High Foot Count

Redefine offers superbly located Gauteng retail properties where you can rent retail space, including the likes of Golden Walk in Germiston, Centurion Mall in Centurion, and East Rand Mall in Boksburg.

Golden Walk Shopping Centre

With the perfect location of the shopping centre in the heart of Germiston’s CBD, you cannot ask for a better location if your target audience is workers using taxi or train commuting services. Indeed, you will find it difficult to get Gauteng retail property rental space in a single-level mall of 45 123 m2 that offers the annual foot count of the Golden Walk Shopping Centre. It is a commuter mall that is easy to navigate, and where the majority of shoppers fall within the Living Standards Measure (LSM) 5-6 group. Most of the shoppers are female, making up 78%, whilst male shoppers account for the remaining 22% of the annual foot count. The shoppers speak mainly Xhosa, Zulu, and Pedi and are in their full-nest lifecycle stage.

With an annual foot count of 14,4 million shoppers, renting space at this superb Gauteng retail property in our portfolio affords you more than enough foot traffic to ensure optimal product exposure and sales. Of the commuter count, 71% use taxis and 12% use private vehicles. The shopping centre has 1650 parking bays. The annual mall trading density is R26 776 per square metre. Retail property tenants also benefit from uninterrupted business in case of service interruptions, as the shopping centre has standby power supply.

Centurion Mall

Located in the heart of Centurion’s CBD, this is also a Redefine flagship retail property in Gauteng. It is within walking distance of the Gautrain station and near the N1 offramp from the highway that connects Centurion to Midrand and Pretoria. Shoppers fall mostly within the LSM 8-10+ group, and the average household income is R30 000 per month. The average household has 1,8 income earners, with 3,2 persons per household. It is a super mall, covering an area of 115 300 m2, with more than 200 stores. The tenant mix is well-balanced, with a range of fashion stores, restaurants, fast-food outlets, entertainment facilities, banks, and speciality stores.

The mall has an average annual foot count of 1 172 311,33 and average annual car count of 5 418 191. Female shoppers are in the majority, with 34% falling in the age group of 25-34 and 35% falling in the age group of 35-49. It has an upmarket and modern design, with a convention centre under construction. This will add even more traffic to the already-high foot count at this popular Gauteng retail property. Amongst the anchor tenants are Edgars, Dis-Chem, Pick n Pay, Woolworths, and Checkers Hyper.

East Rand Mall

It is another Gauteng retail property where you will want to rent space. East Rand Mall is located in Boksburg. It has recently been revamped and was voted the best shopping centre in Ekurhuleni at the 2015/2016 Best of Ekurhuleni awards. The tenant mix includes a variety of restaurants, entertain facilities, speciality retailers, banks, electronics and communication stores, health stores, and fashion retailers. It has also been voted the most popular mall in the region. If you are looking for retail space in a modern Gauteng retail property, we recommend that you consider East Rand Mall.

Most of the shoppers fall within the LSM 7-10 group and are in the age group of 25-40 years. The average monthly income per household ranges from R7500 to R30 000 for households of, on average, four persons each. A quarter of the families are young, with 50% of shoppers being female, and with an equal split between black and white shoppers. Anchor tenants include the likes of Mr Price, Woolworths, Foschini Group, Edgars, and Cotton On. The shopping centre includes a 9-theatre digital cineplex, as well as a trampoline arena. Redefine Properties owns 50% of this modern Gauteng retail property. East Rand Mall offers 69 423 m2 of gross lettable area. It has an annual foot count of 12 million, with a mall trading density of R35 463 per square metre annually, and it boasts 4460 parking bays.

If you are looking for rental space in Gauteng at retail properties offering high volumes of traffic, look no further than Redefine’s property portfolio.